Sunday, 5 July 2026

A week in IPD + my first shift

Ahhh. How to sum up this week. I've been holding up to much stress & fatigue that I cried after my shift. Who knew 8 to 4 (it was supposed to be until 3) passes so fast. Not to mention I hit a stand post (?), because my mind was thinking & my eyes was looking for the closest parking. I'm glad I choose to pray first. Yesterday night was certainly a pay back. I slept at 12. The shift was okay, just the last 2 hours is not & the person on my next shift, well.. I'm not very fond of her.

The situation is I lack in my hospital skills. So ipd, tdm, clinical. I'm learning & picking up from scratch. I am proud of myself for constantly putting an effort but this period is tough. This situation is tough. With only 2 weeks (1-opd, 1-ipd, 1-afternoon I voluntarily took out my time to tag tdm, and another 1-afternoon for mtac warfarin) while being a full time logistics pharmacist before I had the work the after office shift. I'm grateful enough for not on night call (they call is disaster call). But everytime for weekend/public holiday shift, I think my body will struggle again. 

I think I did pretty decent in ipd. I took my time but I'm not wrong which is by right important as a pharmacist. Just I don't like being with people who undermine that there are pharmacists who don't know everything which is very valid depending on what their experience is so far. My lil sis in in Turkeyy. Can't wait to see her tomorrow.

10.34am, Melaka, otw the way home.
TGiaH

No comments:

Post a Comment