Sunday, 11 June 2017

Cyclops.

I got an eye infection.

A terrible one. On the fourth day, when I was at work my eyelid started swelling, and by the end of the day, half of my eye was closed.

I went to the doctors. Got my meds the very night after work.

Only to see, I can only open one eye the next morning.

So I went to the doctors back to get an mc. As obviously could not work. (And also bacause I forgot to mention I was working the day before, when I first met the doctor.)

I looked utterly hideous. I'm not beautiful myself, but after looking at myself in the mirror in that state, I'm grateful. I barely can see other people with confidence. My one of my eye wide open, and the other with non than a 0.00001 cm. Not to mention the redness and yellow watery substance I had to clean every ten minutes.

It was definite pain. Especially time solat, where I had to just acah sujud je. I could not wear my specs as the swell would clash with my specs. And most of the time I had a headache plus mild fever, due to my eye ache.

Watching dramas was another story. I don't even know whether I'm teary because of the drama (Oh My Geum Bi), or because my eyes are watery all time.

Getting a four days mc, I decided to quit my job since I couldn't take that much of holidays.

On the fourth day, my left eye seen the light back. Although half. Which was Alhamdulillah as my meds was already finished on the third day. And fifth day, nearly gone.

Being a cyclops isn't easy,
The Girl In A Hood

P/S: Remember, your adik said you look like an alien. 

No comments:

Post a Comment