Sunday, 8 October 2023

5D5N in Korea From Malaysia (Part 3)

Seven days has passed since I've came back from Korea. Despite the very productive day yesterday, today I'm just in hibernating mode. Uhuhu. I really need to get this going before my brain forgets.

27th September 2023
Today we had a pretty late start at 9 ish. I grab the chance to use the bath tube and ohh it helped my sore body (especially feet). We went to Starfield library. Such an insta worthy spot (do take one at the escalator!). It was wasn't too big but nice. I enjoy the mall too. Didn't know there's a halal turkish restaurant inside but good to know there is (we bump into it). And the book + stationary shop was fascinating. Got this sort of small 100+ pcs puzzle in a cube. 

We then went to Itaewon. On the bus ride there, it was getting full and as we were reaching our next stop, I offer my seat to an ahjumma. She was speaking to us about there are 2 stations are Itaewon and my brain kinda was too busy with thinking getting off the next stop. Searching for Eid restaurant, we passed right by it. Iteawon halal/arab/islamic street is interesting. It is a hill steep area so it was a walk even to Seoul mosque. I was a lil afraid we might trip. Eid topokki set was yummy. Alhamdulillah. Got this huge fist size tuna rice ball as well. I got full uickly so they packed the leftovers up for me.  Love the fish cake strips + kimchi + anchovies side dishes. I wish I'd gotten more kimchi. Haha. Reminded I really filled up my kimchi filling at Nami island. Seoul mosque had a seperate building for wudhu' and I'm actually curious about the main hall seeing it's glorious ball light. We just went to the muslimah area below.

We stopped by CU mart on our next stop + managed to buy t money cards for my family. The cashier at CU  understood my minimal korea so yeay. Alhamdulillah. We were supposed to go the National Museium of Korea. This is when, I realised more than the stops are a lil confusing. We were supposed to be at the other side of the road. And what me & my friend search really got jumbled up. Haha. At least we weren't too lost. After getting off the next stop, we eventually got on the right one. On the bright side, I multilanguage square spots on the floor. An interesting thing to notice in Itaewon. We didn't actually managed to visit the museum. Just the Hanguk one which was also fun. Most museums here are free so bonus much. I even said kiyowo-yo at an aegi. Haha. Sorry I was too excited for my poor Korean. The mother was surprised in a good way asking whether we spoke Korean which is no. Haha.

We rushed back to our room for maghrib. I think we really scored our accommodation cause it made solah + commuting easy. Alhamdulillah Allah ease it for us. Living in an islamic country where prayer places are easily accessible made me prayed that solat is easy in Korea. I can't really imagine praying in the streets or corner or stairs but Allah made it easy. For the night, we went to a Han river cruise. This was another star of the trip. We got the sunset river cruise (for 8.30pm). Though we missed the ticket booth, we managed to find it. Upon the cruise, inside was nothing. Up on the deck, Ma Shaa Allah was everything. I was never bored. The clean calm river, the night breeze, the colourful light, the magnificient bridges. I even got touchy with my thoughts and feelings here. Han river side was a definite picnic spot so it was a nice walk too.

Day 3, done!
TGiaH

No comments:

Post a Comment