Saturday, 16 May 2020

Me Before You.

Rewriting what I wrote in my journal.

I'm watched Me Before You and it's lil funny that the guest speaker of the podcast I'm listening also has a spinal cord injury. This is telling me that I should be grateful that despite my disability, I am independent. Alhamdulillah. The movies tells a lot of things like life moves on, doing the best that we can despite the unexpected results and also the main one (sorry if I got this wrong) is sometimes being selfish is selfless. Putting ourselves before others. In this movie, the guy decide to die (I forgot the exact word for planned medical death) despite the girl insisted. In a way, he was selfish but in another it's not. He knew the girl deserves to explore the world much more and things can't just be put a halt because of him. Despite she knews what she wants at that time, it's not the best for the future. Like in the movie The Theory of Everything. Of course we dont know the future. But in some ways, will the girl be happy if the guy went along with want she wants knowing that he is never truly is happy. It's selfless thing giving up our future for others but also isn't selfish asking others to do as we want when we know they're not gonna truly be happy.

It's complicated but sometimes I think of that these days. Decisions can be both selfish and selfless.

Who before who?
TGiaH

No comments:

Post a Comment